Guardianship of Person
- Ensuring the adequate care, comfort and maintenance of individuals including housing, food, clothing and other necessities;
- Arranging for adequate training, education and/or rehabilitation for individuals;
- Providing informed consent for medical care, counseling and treatment;
- Maintenance of thorough records regarding each individual;
- Seven days a week round the clock availability in case of emergency through an on-call system.
Guardianship of Estate
- Overseeing and protecting all real and personal property and taking possession of all income and benefits of individuals;
- Making and filing an inventory of the individual’s estate;
- Monitoring estates to ensure that benefit eligibility is maintained;
- Monitoring estates to ensure that the individual’s needs can be met within their budget constraints and that expenses are paid to proper payees in timely manner;
- Monitoring medical bills to ensure that all medical insurance has been billed before the individual makes any payments;
- Protecting and maximizing the estates of individuals and assuring their resources are used for their support, care and education;
- Where individuals have significant assets, OPG contracts with investment firms to assist in maximizing individuals’ assets through prudent investments.